Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamikins
Reel Rookie

When entering parent control pin, pressing asterisk doesn't hide the numbers

Since the update, pressing the asterisk to hide the highlighted numbers when entering the parent control pin doesn't work. When we enter the numbers in the app, it hides the pin by only highlighting the 1, but with the remote, pressing the asterisk does nothing. Can this please be fixed in the next update?16387956400717015701340000996114.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When entering parent control pin, pressing asterisk doesn't hide the numbers

I've never seen that screen, but then again I've never looked for parental controls.  Is this in one particular channel/app?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mamikins
Reel Rookie

Re: When entering parent control pin, pressing asterisk doesn't hide the numbers

This screen comes up as part of the parental controls when watching regular TV (in our case, antenna). But it also happens in certain apps that used to block the highlight before the update (Netflix). It still works in the Roku Channel app and Paramount+.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That looks like a standard Roku component, so it could be (probably is) a bug in 10.5.  Maybe @RokuDanny-R can pass it on to someone at Roku that can take a look.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mamikins

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos