Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin1995j
Channel Surfer

What happened to the theme packs?

what happened to Roku’s theme packs? I used to have all that were available, suddenly they started dwindling. Now all the sudden, I only have the original Roku theme pack, available and no others to choose from, download, or even view. I have tried checking for a system update, says there is none. I am connected to the Wi-Fi, I have tried resetting the device. No dice. Help please. 

11 REPLIES 11
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: What happened to the theme packs?

Hi @Erin1995j,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry as to what happened to your Roku theme packs. On various occasions throughout the year, such as Valentine's Day or Halloween, Roku releases seasonal themes that only appear for a short period of time, e.g., 3 days. Your Roku device will automatically display a seasonal theme and automatically switch back after it expires. You can browse and change theme packs from the Settings menu using the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Theme.
  4. Select theme packs to browse the available options. When you see a white check mark, that theme pack is already installed on your Roku device. A green check mark designates the active theme pack.
    • Tip: When browsing lists or tile grids, press Rewind or Fast Forward on your Roku remote to jump up or down one page at a time.
  5. Highlight a theme pack and press OK on your remote to open the description and details.
  6. If the theme pack is installed, you can select Set theme pack to switch to the wallpaper, screensaver, and navigation sounds all at once.
  7. If the theme pack is not installed, you can see a preview by selecting View screenshots.
  8. To install a new theme pack, select Get theme pack.
  9. After the new theme pack is downloaded and installed, you can select Set theme pack to switch the wallpaper, screensaver, and navigation sounds all at once.

You can also check out this link here for more details on how to change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku interface.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Erin1995j
Channel Surfer

Hey Eunice,  @RokuEuniceL 

I don’t think you understand really, I know how to access theme packs and how to set them and where to find them etc- that’s not the issue. The issue is that the theme pack selection menu is now completely empty, there are no longer any previously downloaded themes, there are no themes to choose from to download either. Everything has been completely wiped out on the theme page, except for the default, Roku purple theme with the gear on the background.

Erin1995j
Channel Surfer

Edit: for some reason I just checked again, somehow a few of my theme packs have come back on my device. However, there used to be anything packs to choose from and now there are very few, (only 7 theme packs) 

@RokuEuniceL 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

[Edited after seeing @Erin1995j 's posts that were entered while I was writing this.]

Roku used to have a number of different theme packs that included wallpaper, screen saver, and sound effects, all bundled together and keyed to a particular theme.  Former Theme Pack names I recall are Daydream, Decaf, Graphene, and Nebula.  This is in addition to any temporary occasional sponsored or seasonal item.

I've checked on my highest and lowest Roku models, and the only Theme Pack I'm shown now is the purple default Roku Theme Pack.  I'll be interested to see if I get any others back like @Erin1995j did.  [Edited even later -- Sorry I was looking at the "My theme packs" line where only the default shows.  Below that, in the "Popular theme packs" section I currently have the following 6 theme packs available on all my Rokus: Space, Nautical, Jungle, Western, Romance, and Kids.]

There are still a wide variety of wallpapers and screen savers, both from Roku and others, and several sound effect groupings from Roku, all available, that one can choose to build one's own semi-custom theme.

My favorite Theme Pack was the one called Nebula mentioned above that I had on my two Rokus at the time.  Unfortunately I learned that, if I have an old Theme Pack installed that I like, I shouldn't switch out of it because I can't get it back.  I learned this lesson on one Roku in time to keep me from switching out of it on the second one, where I'm still running it years later.  I have found, at least, that I can still switch between currently available screen savers without losing the Nebula wallpaper on that Roku.  If I ever have to do a Factory Reset on this Roku, I expect I'll lose that too.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Erin1995j
Channel Surfer

@makaiguy  <—- this guy gets it. 

makaiguy

I think some of our moderators are too new to know how things used to be.  Sometimes I wonder if some of them have ever actually used a Roku or even seen one.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Erin1995j
Channel Surfer

@makaiguy 

them: “roku? Is that that thing you wash your hands with?” 

makaiguy

For anybody following this thread, I've had to amend a my earlier post , though, with the edit shown in blue.  I do have current themes shown as available, in addition to the default.

PamD1

It also says "sound"-what does that mean? The sound when you click a channel, etc? And I agree,  I only have 10 theme pack options.  Thank you for asking! What's up,  Roku?