Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purezion

What happened to the fall wallpaper?

Jump to solution

There was a new autumn equinox wallpaper that appeared on my Roku late September and today, it is gone. Usually, the special themes are available after they expire and this one is just gone. It was my favorite and I would like to have kept it as my wallpaper. Does anyone know how to get this back? It featured lanterns and I think a bridge. It was gorgeous. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: What happened to the fall wallpaper?

Jump to solution

Hello @Purezion

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Please be advised that Seasonal Themes expire or only appear for a short period of time. With that being said, there's no option to get it back or to set it as a permanent theme for your Roku device. 

For more information, you can visit this link: How do I change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku® interface?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Purezion

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Please be advised that Seasonal Themes expire or only appear for a short period of time. With that being said, there's no option to get it back or to set it as a permanent theme for your Roku device. 

For more information, you can visit this link: How do I change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku® interface?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Techiediva

Jump to solution

I totally agree!  It was my favorite also… I noticed it was missing as soon as I turned my tv on.  I searched and searched and then had gave up.  Now it’s November and I just thought about checking google for an answer.  Very depressing when I read the answer below.  

cyvierra

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

While I appreciate your answer to the original posters request I don't see why the fall equinox wallpaper cannot be added to your wallpaper library as a selection. This has been done already for numerous other seasonal wallpapers such as 4th of July, Winter Wonderland, Asian Heritage month, Juneteenth, Halloween (four of them),  Dia de los Muertos (one dated 2019), etc. Those are all seasonal selections.

It can be done.

I respectfully request you pass on the request to those who add Roku wallpapers to your library.

Thank you.

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza!

I agree with so many others that this should definitely be made into a downloadable wallpaper like it's been done repeatedly in the past. The fall 2021 wallpaper is the best one I've seen on Roku and I truly miss it. I'm also formally requesting its return, thank you!

MDWood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with everyone else on this thread that the wallpapers should be made available permanently but since I bought my Roku TV the one thing I have found is that Roku is not very responsive to its customers. Even though Roku basically pioneered the smart TV platform it has fallen far behind its competition and it almost seems like that is done intentionally. Look at the selection of themes and wallpapers available and that speaks volumes about what this company is willing to invest and it's products and its customers.

AnchorBond
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I came to the help forum specifically to ask why the selection of wallpapers is so sparse.  Not only should the special seasonal wallpapers be available year-round, but the overall selection in general should be a lot more expansive.  We've had our Roku TV for a few years now, and it's astounding how limited the wallpaper selection remains.  If need be, I'd even be willing to pay a small fee to open up the options.

SadieAlice
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why are there endless choices for screensavers but so few choices for Wallpaper? If Roku can allow users a way to update with ever changing screensaver options; why do they so severely limit the wallpaper??  

0 Kudos
MDWood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So glad to see the new dynamic wallpapers! Even better that they are still in the gallery after they are replaced with the next rollout! I have to say there have been vast improvements across the board with the Roku operating system and I am only impressed