Features, settings & updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MultiSM
Level 7

What happened to the Express+?

Jump to solution

The Express+ is no longer listed in the list of devices on the Roku site. It is also out of stock on Walmart's site and has been for a long time. Where did it go? Has the product been pulled? The Express+ was the only streaming and perfect option for a perfect and basic streaming experience while also including a volume remote. Are there any other Roku basic HD options that include a volume remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What happened to the Express+?

Jump to solution

@MultiSM 

The Express+ has essentially been replaced by the Express4k+.  All the new Roku devices are basically improved dual band devices.

I am sure you can still find some Express+ units on Amazon or Ebay  if you really want it.  Best Buy, Walmart, and Target sell them as well so may have stock left as well.   I really liked my Premiere+ (3921) but it has been discontinued as well so added an Express4k+ to my inventory.  Comes with the Voice Remote (volume buttons and mute button).

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MultiSM 

The Express+ has essentially been replaced by the Express4k+.  All the new Roku devices are basically improved dual band devices.

I am sure you can still find some Express+ units on Amazon or Ebay  if you really want it.  Best Buy, Walmart, and Target sell them as well so may have stock left as well.   I really liked my Premiere+ (3921) but it has been discontinued as well so added an Express4k+ to my inventory.  Comes with the Voice Remote (volume buttons and mute button).

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
MultiSM
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks... Sad to see that the best basic streaming device available is gone. I'll see if I can find them around... Just as I was about to buy some for my folks for Christmas too!