Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MultiSM
Reel Rookie

What happened to the Express+?

Jump to solution

The Express+ is no longer listed in the list of devices on the Roku site. It is also out of stock on Walmart's site and has been for a long time. Where did it go? Has the product been pulled? The Express+ was the only streaming and perfect option for a perfect and basic streaming experience while also including a volume remote. Are there any other Roku basic HD options that include a volume remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What happened to the Express+?

Jump to solution

@MultiSM 

The Express+ has essentially been replaced by the Express4k+.  All the new Roku devices are basically improved dual band devices.

I am sure you can still find some Express+ units on Amazon or Ebay  if you really want it.  Best Buy, Walmart, and Target sell them as well so may have stock left as well.   I really liked my Premiere+ (3921) but it has been discontinued as well so added an Express4k+ to my inventory.  Comes with the Voice Remote (volume buttons and mute button).

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MultiSM 

The Express+ has essentially been replaced by the Express4k+.  All the new Roku devices are basically improved dual band devices.

I am sure you can still find some Express+ units on Amazon or Ebay  if you really want it.  Best Buy, Walmart, and Target sell them as well so may have stock left as well.   I really liked my Premiere+ (3921) but it has been discontinued as well so added an Express4k+ to my inventory.  Comes with the Voice Remote (volume buttons and mute button).

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

MultiSM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks... Sad to see that the best basic streaming device available is gone. I'll see if I can find them around... Just as I was about to buy some for my folks for Christmas too!