Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrmutley
Reel Rookie

What build of 11.5 gets the new Save List?

I have a Roku Ultra (model 4670X) that has 11.5.0, build 4235-46. I still don't have the new Save List. After looking through this forum, it appears that the new features might be build specific. Either that, or Roku can provide or delete features, regardless of build.

With that said, if you have the new Save List what build do you have? I'm just curious if there is a pattern.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What build of 11.5 gets the new Save List?

@jrmutley 

My Ultra 4660x is 11.5.0 build 4235-46.

Have you looked for your Save List in What to Watch section from your Home Screen.  After entering the What to Watch section, my Save List is about four (4) sections down. (Recently Added, Continue Watching, Recommended Channels, Save List, etc.)

Try the following...

1. Perform System update and then a System Restart.  Both these are found in Settings/System menu.

Settings/System/ Software Update and then Settings/System/System Restart

2. Search for content using Search from the Home Screen and then "Add to Save List".  (Save List may not appear if empty or needs content to make it appear).

3. Enable the What to Watch feature to your Home Screen.

Settings/Home Screen/What to Watch [Show]

4. From Home Screen, select What to Watch and scroll through to see if Save List is present.

---

Feel free to post update if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jrmutley
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I’ve updated and rebooted several times and What to Watch is enabled. I forgot to mention that I also do not have the “Add to Save List” button when I search for shows. It just shows me the channels that the show is available on. That is what lead me to think that I don’t have the most recent build.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@jrmutley 

At the end of the list of channels, you should have the "Add to Save List". 

I would have assumed this would have come with the initial release of 11.5.

Do you still have an active "My Feed" or are you receiving a message box when selecting My Feed about its replacement/implementation into the Save List?  You may have to enable it like the other home screen items if you are not currently seeing the My Feed feature on the home screen.

Also, try using the Roku mobile Remote app, conducting a Search there and see if you can add to the Save List from there.  If you can add to Save List from mobile app, see if you are limited to just saving/using from within the app, or if you can now see it on your device.

If able to see on the mobile app, then you can choose to "Watch on TV" after selecting it. (temporary workaround).

Click on image to enlarge.

SaveList_jrmutley.png

0 Kudos
jrmutley
Reel Rookie

I forgot to mention that I am also missing the “Add to Save List” button. I also don’t still have the My Feed section.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@jrmutley 

How about the mobile app Save List feature mentioned in the last post?

---

If you did not find the My Feed as available under Settings/Home Screen/My Feed/[Show], then perhaps you might consider a Factory Reset. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) or press and hold the Reset Button 30+ seconds on device.  **Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote before doing a Factory Reset. **

The My Feed has been around since OS 8 or 9 so if you are missing that, it is likely hidden.

Just to rule out any geographic exceptions, are you located in US?  (Some OS features are routinely either limited or not available in certain locations outside US). 

0 Kudos
jrmutley
Reel Rookie

Thanks again for all of the suggestions. Yes, I am in the US.

I used to have "My Feed" but I no longer do. It's like I have a partial update. "My Feed" has been replaced with "What to Watch" and it includes the new "Continue Watching" section. However, I am missing both the "Save List" and "Add to Save List" button.

I can select "Add to Save List" from the mobile app and it works there. Even after saving a few shows there, that section still doesn't appear on my Roku.

Finally, I actually have two of these Roku models. One is in a bedroom and the other in our living room. They both have the same issue. That leads me to believe that Roku might still be selectively rolling out the new features and my account just hasn't gotten them yet. I'm going to wait a bit before trying the factory reset.

0 Kudos