Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frmrdepchief
Binge Watcher

Was there an update on streaming devices on 2/29/24?

I use Roku streaming devices on my Samsung TV’s because the Samsung DIRECTV app doesn’t work. My only other use is to watch the This Old House channel. I was watching the TOH show that morning no issue. That evening was the Sate Of The Union address so I started TOH and was asked to sign in. On both TV’s I now get a message that my Signin Credentials are Invalid. I can signin fine using my iPad. I reported to TOH Customer support and they can’t find anything wrong. Since the iPad works fine I’m wondering if Roku did a SW upgrade. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
frmrdepchief
Binge Watcher

Re: Was there an update on streaming devices on 2/29/24?

I’m adding that I deleted the TOH channel and reinstalled it. No help. I did a factory reset on the streaming stick. Still no help

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @frmrdepchief,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

We appreciate your report about this playback issue going on with the This Old House channel and the troubleshooting steps tried.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information is available we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
frmrdepchief
Binge Watcher

As requested:

Model # 3941x2. Roku Express 4K

S/N. X02200M264PY

Device IDPY

OS Version  12.5.5. Build ID 4174-E4

After issue

GC Version. 11.0.29

Time Stamp 2024-03-18 T18:07:34Z

issue ID PY-111-967

There was nothing called a Tracker ID. 

0 Kudos
frmrdepchief
Binge Watcher

I wanted to add that I am only having issues with TOH. Paramount+ and MAX work fine. I reported the issue to TOH and they are coming up empty. Everything they have tried didn’t help. No issue on my iPad 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Settings > System > Software update will show you when your Roku last received an update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X