Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VMusic

Volume is very low when using AirPods

I have the same low volume issue with my AirPods.  I have hearing loss so I must turn the AirPods up to higher levels than most people and with my new Roku Ultra at full volume they are not loud enough.  I do not have this issue with the AirPods connected to other devices.  What can be done to increase the maximum obtainable volume?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume is very low when using AirPods

Hi @VMusic,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

If you're experiencing low volume levels with the private listening feature on your Roku Remote app, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check the volume settings on your phone: Make sure that the volume on your phone is turned up to a sufficient level. You can adjust the volume by using the volume buttons on your phone.
  • Adjust the volume within the Roku app: Once you've started private listening within the Roku app, you should see a volume slider on the screen. Make sure that this is turned up to a sufficient level.
  • Try using a different pair of headphones: It's possible that the headphones you're using aren't providing enough volume. Try using a different pair of headphones to see if this improves the issue.
  • Try adjusting the sound settings on your phone: Depending on your phone's settings, you may be able to adjust the sound output to provide more volume. Look for settings related to Dolby, equalization, or sound enhancement.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VMusic

Re: Volume is very low when using AirPods

Thank you.  I tried all your suggestions with no success.  I could not increase the AirPod volume to a higher level when paired the the Ultra. I even paired to with my few year old Roku Streaming stick via the app and was able to achieve significantly higher volume with it than the Ultra.  The Ultra apparently does not provide as powerful of a volume output as iPhones and other devices include the Streaming stick. I guess I will have to return the Ultra. 

0 Kudos