Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Potatofish4
Reel Rookie

Volume goes up or down by itself.

I had been blaming my kid for turning the volume up for months!  Eventually I realized it wasn't him. I then thought it was the speakers on the TV, so I literally just installed a new TV today. I was about to throw my old TV in the garbage when the VOLUME jumped up on the new tv! Thankfully I didn't pay for the new TV or throw the old one away, before I discovered THIS thead. And now I owe my son an apology and have an extra TV. I have an identical Roku unit upstairs, and I don't have this problem. Only in my TV downstairs. Where does this situation stand? What's the fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Mikeyy
Streaming Star

Re: Volume goes up or down by itself.

The very easy fix for me was to junk all 3 of my Roku's and buy Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K's.  These are $26 on Amazon, have just as good a picture as the Roku's, and don't have the volume problem.  The only problem I do have with them is the amount of memory.  Even though I've added a thumb drive to their memory I still get memory warnings.  They for sure won't allow as many channel apps as the Roku does, but I'll put up with that to avoid the really irritating sound problem the Roku's have.  My neighbor has the more expensive Fire Cube and doesn't get the memory alerts.  I may try on of those the next time they go on sale.  Also, the infuriating placement of the volume buttons on the Roku remote drove me crazy.  The Firestick's volume buttons are on the front of the remote, along with all the other buttons, where they should be.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume goes up or down by itself.

Hi @Potatofish4,

Thanks for the post!

We regret to hear about this issue going on, and we'd like to see more about it and help you get up and running.

Could you tell us when you noticed that this issue was starting to occur? Are there any specific steps that led you to this behavior? What Roku TV is this (e.g., ONN, TCL, Hisense)?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to further assist you. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos