Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume control issue with second hand tv

Jump to solution

I got a friend’s tv when they upgraded. They had a Roku stick and because of that (I believe) my controller doesn’t allow me to regulate the volume. Channel selection works, but no volume control. I tried taking my stick out and shutting the tv off, then turning back on reinserting the stick, but no set up commands were available. Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Volume control issue with second hand tv

Jump to solution

Hello @Curiousstreamer

Thanks for the post.

We suggest setting up your Roku device to control your TV's power and volume by following the steps below: 

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remote
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process

For more information, check out this support link: How to set up your Roku® voice remote to control your TV

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Volume control issue with second hand tv

Jump to solution

Hello @Curiousstreamer

Thanks for the post.

We suggest setting up your Roku device to control your TV's power and volume by following the steps below: 

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remote
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process

For more information, check out this support link: How to set up your Roku® voice remote to control your TV

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos