Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv turns off and on by itself

Jump to solution

Hi, @Melovechocolate

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with your Roku TV, and we'd like to gather more information for us to see how we can assist. First, may we know what brand is your Roku TV? Also, when did you first encounter this issue? Was this present during or after updating your Roku TV?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have this problem and I don't have a Roku TV, but just a Roku Express 4K.  It turns my TV on every morning around 7:15am.  Then just now (11:20pm) it turned itself on.  

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@misslori615 

Try disabling Roku's 1-touch play CEC feature.

Settings/Control other Devices/1-touch play [uncheck to disable]

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Adwanna

Jump to solution

Anybody got a solution for this issue when it doesn't even stay on long enough to use the remote to get to settings? Roku does not answer their phone.  And since this issue is so common, you'd think there would be an update of some kind to prevent it going forward. 

#GladIWonThisTVAndDidn'tBuyIt

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Adwanna,

It's so great to have you with us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku TV. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you have set up or activated this Roku TV or device? If not, is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Is your TV currently powered on and connected to a wall outlet?
  • Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Muchy1006
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have you tried going to settings >power>auto power savings and uncheck the box next to turn off after 4 hours. 
also settings>network>bandwidth saver and turn it off. 

RBC77

Jump to solution

Same problem started with my 2 year old TCL Roku TV a few months ago. First it started randomly powering on in the middle of the night. I have to unplug it at night now to prevent it from happening. Also, recently it began cycling through inputs all by itself, and shuts off and restarts itself constantly. I've tried changing the power outlet, factory reset, disabling CEC, all the things. I've just decided it's a garbage product, and now that's where the TV belongs...of course all of this began right after the warranty expired. I am not going to be replacing this TV with another Roku product. I've read so many posts about this issue from other Roku TV owners, and Roku has never once replied with any kind of solution.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RBC77,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience, and this is not what we aim for. This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Will not stay on long enough to go to settings 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @2014,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuArjiemar asked for above?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos