Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
levin74

Turns on to last channel watched

Everytime I turn on my TV with the Roku remote, it goes back to the home screen.  Then I have to take at least five steps to get back to the carrier channel guide and the last channel I watched.  Pain in the you know what.  So far I am not impressed and it takes a lot more effort to find stuff on using Roku remote than Comcast. 

Is there a way for me to set up a shortcut or something that when I turn the TV on, it automatically goes to the Infinity app and their station guide, or the last channel or program I watched?

Thanks

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: turns on to last channel watched

Sorry, but no.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

As close as you can come to this on a Roku TV is to set the INPUT to be connected when the tv first powers up via Roku menu path Settings > System > Power > Power on.

You can choose a specific input (antenna input or specific HDMI port) or have it return to whatever was the last input used.  But at that point, there are no provisions for specifying options within that input. 

You could make it a little easier on yourself by placing the Infinity app in the first position in the Roku home page channel grid to make it easier to get to and select.  But once you get into any particular channel app, memory of default choice within the app or memory of where you were last would have to be part of the programming of that particular app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Thank you. This lets me know that streaming is not going to be for my mom with pre-Alzheimer's. She has a special simple remote and can turn TV on, change channel and volume, and turn it back off. NO GUI or menus. Perhaps this is an area for an inventor to look into, some kind of unit that can aggregate a selection of streaming channels for progressive selection, and which will come back up on last channel watched when TV cycles on/off.

0 Kudos