Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M76
Channel Surfer

Trouble with being kicked off what im watching

Jump to solution

For about a week I can be trying to go to a certain app or just using my remote in general and it kicks me off and screen goes to an app I don't have and wants me to add channel. It is constant and it's very annoying.  For instance,  I can have a show on Netflix paused and when I  hit play it kicks me off to wanting me to load vudu. Someone help me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
M76
Channel Surfer

Re: Trouble with being kicked off what im watching

Jump to solution

I think it is my two remotes.  I have successfully been using my remote on my phones roku app and so far I haven't had an issue.  Hopefully that solved the problem and all I need is a new remote

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tonya_G
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My remote that came with my Roku Ultra does something like this. Sometimes when I push on the rewind button, it opens up HBO Max and before I had HBO installed, it would try to get me to install it. I just factory reset my Roku Ultra over a week ago and it has not done it yet. But, if/when it does, I will try their Voice Remote Pro that I received about a week ago and see if it ever does it with that one It's so aggravating. I don't know if it's a problem with their remotes or their Rokus. 🧐

0 Kudos
M76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've used a different remote and I've done a factory reset and I'm still experiencing the issue 

0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is it updated all the way? Have you went to Settings, then System, then System Update on your Roku and checked for updates? 

0 Kudos
M76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've checked that also. It's updated.  I tried Uninstalling updates also.  But that didn't work  so I reinstalled the update 

0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well, I don't know then. Maybe the Roku is just messed up. What model is it and how long have you had it? Go to Settings, then System, then About and type in here what model number and Software Version including build number it is. Someone with more expertise may then be able to help you.

0 Kudos
M76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've tried to update my TV but it says it's updated.  Is 10.0 the latest version 

0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Maybe both of your remotes are messed up? This is a TV too. I'm not familiar with them or the remotes. Sorry. 😕

0 Kudos
M76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it is both remotes.  Im using roku app remote control on my phone and so far not had any problems.  Hopefully the mystery is solved 

M76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it is my two remotes.  I have successfully been using my remote on my phones roku app and so far I haven't had an issue.  Hopefully that solved the problem and all I need is a new remote