Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Satchley1

Track my device Stolen Roku

Jump to solution

My roku was stolen along with my thousand dollar TV is there a way to track it

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Track my device

Jump to solution

@Satchley1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Unfortunately we do not have a means to track a Roku device in the event that it is stolen.

We would however, recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support team here: What should I do if my Roku® streaming device is lost or stolen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Satchley1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Unfortunately we do not have a means to track a Roku device in the event that it is stolen.

We would however, recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support team here: What should I do if my Roku® streaming device is lost or stolen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
j1232

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I'm an LE investigator. Does Roku keep IP Address where devices have been used? Also any way I can get Roku's contact information for a court order, I haven't been able to find that anywhere.

If I can get the IP Address I can send another Court order and find out what the address is. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Stolen devices, track serial number

Jump to solution

Seems like Roku does not care one single tiny bit about finding a way to help find stolen devices. They may as well advocate for thieves. We won't be buying anymore Roku products. Complete fail Roku. Considering i had one stolen and have serial numbers and everything and still it's no use. What a joke. 

0 Kudos

Re: Track my device Stolen Roku

Jump to solution

Roku TV got stolen I paid a lot of money for it I even uploaded pictures of  my newborn daughter is there a way I can track my my TV I still have the serial number and etc

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Track my device Stolen Roku

Jump to solution

@rebeccawhitaker wrote:

Roku TV got stolen I paid a lot of money for it I even uploaded pictures of  my newborn daughter is there a way I can track my my TV I still have the serial number and etc.

No, it can't be tracked. Your photos are not on the TV unless you left a USB drive with the photos connected to it. If you have a credit card attached to your Roku user account, go into the web page (https://my.roku.com) and remove the CC. That way they can't charge anything to your account. The CC info isn't stored in the TV either, so they can't get it out of the TV.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos