Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme settings or wall paper setting missing

I have a roku tcl 65in tv 65s421 software 10.5.0  it don’t have theme settings or wallpaper settings either so I’m stuck with the tcl background 

4 REPLIES 4
Windy73

Re: Theme settings or wall paper setting missing

Same here very frustrating as well as closed caption and audio settings. 

@Roxannevela07 wrote:

I have a roku tcl 65in tv 65s421 software 10.5.0  it don’t have theme settings or wallpaper settings either so I’m stuck with the tcl background 

0 Kudos
Bunnyjj

I have  50 inch, no theme  setting either.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Bunnyjj 

This has happened occasionally to users.  Have not seen explanation or updates to issue if it eventually resolves itself or not.  If you are not seeing Themes under Settings/Themes, then go to the "Streaming Channels" search from your Roku Home Screen. (not the Search, but the Streaming Channels search).

Type in "Theme".  Then scroll through the returned options and select one that indicates it was developed by "Roku Themes".  

You may also have to do the same for your Wallpaper.

Not an ideal solution, but at least a workaround for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Just bought he same model TCL Roku TV and had the same issue. Fixed it by going into…

Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything

The system took me through resynchronizing my remote, the resetting up the TV. When it was done, all missing functionality was restored. 

0 Kudos