Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThisishT
Binge Watcher

The * (asterisk) for Options button on the Home page has disappeared for the TOP LEFT app only.

Dazed and Confused. The (* for Options) button on the Home page has disappeared for the TOP LEFT app only. I have moved many different apps to the top left position and the (* for Options) button will not be displayed for any app moved into this position. I have restarted the device many times and uninstalled and reinstalled any app moved into this position however the result is always the same no (* for Options) button is available. All other app positions have the (* for Options) button displayed. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The * (asterisk) for Options button on the Home page has disappeared for the TOP LEFT app only.

@ThisishT-

Interesting.  I checked this on the three different models I have hooked up at the moment, and didn't see what you are reporting.

Edited to add:

All my Rokus are still on Roku version 12.5.5 -- have you been updated to version 13 that is currently rolling out?  Settings > System > About will show you the Roku software version number.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think to suggest is a Factory Reset, but recognize this puts you back in a new-out-of-the-box condition and you have to set the Roku up again from scratch.   You might decide the lack of  a * option for one channel tile is not enough of an irritant to do a Factory Reset.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ThisishT
Binge Watcher

Re: The * (asterisk) for Options button on the Home page has disappeared for the TOP LEFT app only.

Thank you for the reply and the suggestion. I forget to mention that I have the Roku Express 4K+ and that the Roku is still on the version 12.5.5 build 4174-E4 manually checked today and no version 13 as yet. I also forgot to include that I have performed the Factory Rest (several times), and it can be an irritant that is for sure. I have performed all of the troubleshooting steps that I know about concerning this minor issue. Is it possible that this issue can somehow be related to the What to Watch and the associated Continue Watching option? 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@ThisishT-

Random thought.  Sometimes people report they've found display issues like the ads Roku has added to  the bottom left of the home screen are affected by the wallpaper they've chosen to use.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ThisishT
Binge Watcher

Random question. How and/or why would my choice of wallpaper affect ONLY ONE app channel tile (TOP LEFT) and not affect ALL app channel tiles as well? 

0 Kudos