Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrWizard209
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku tv seen by device but will not connect.

I am having this same issue, did you ever find a solution. These cookies cutter replies definitely are not helpful.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MrWizard209
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku tv seen by device but will not connect.

The device is a 65" TCL Roku TV.  The Device ID is J6995N960978.  I am using a Motorola Edge 2022 model for screen mirroring.  It does just like castingwannabe's roku in this post here https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/TCL-Roku-tv-seen-by-device-but-will-not-connect/m-p/935479...  It will connect, show a bar with about 30% complete, and a button that says stop video.  After about 10-15seconds of this being on screen, it goes back to the home screen and my phone says connection failed please try again later.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@MrWizard209,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. But we'll need your help; please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snowman1995
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem I'm using a Motorola edge 2022 an using a 65 inch TCL Roku model number 65s455 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Snowman1995

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We see that you're having the same issue as the previous Roku Community users have expressed. Could you please provide the information provided by @RokuERey above this thread? The information would be helpful for us to investigate this case further.

We look forward to hearing a response from you as we'll work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.