Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWM
Reel Rookie

Support of Dolby Atmos Audio

I’m looking to find a low cost streaming device. I have looked at the Roku Streaming Stick 4K model 3820R and the Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (plus) model 3821R. The online documentation lacks detail about the specific audio types it supports.

Before I purchase a Roku steaming device I want to make sure I buy the lowest cost Dolby Atmos streamer. I already have a Denon AVR that supports Atmos and I have height speakers already installed. I’m all set to play Atmos and just waiting for compatible streaming interface supporting Atmos. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Support of Dolby Atmos Audio

@DWM

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can compare the features of the different current Roku models on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DWM
Reel Rookie

Danny R.

I reviewed the products at the page you provided with the link.

According to the comparisons the only Roku product supporting Dolby Atmos is Roku Ultra.  No other product has Atmos listed, not even the sound bars. I’m thinking the information provided when doing a head-to-head comparison, is incorrect.

i suppose Roku may have dropped Armos for some reason. 

0 Kudos
PSBill
Channel Surfer

I know it's a little late, but here's something worth a read.

DWM
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the link to the article.  I did pickup the Roku Streaming Stick 4K because I found it on sale for $25.  It’s on an old HDTV and it works great.  As an experiment, I put the Roku Stick on my Denon 3600 AVR and played Atmos content and the Denon fired up the Atmos codec.  

the old HDTV will one day be replaced and I will get a new TV and sound bar supporting Atmos.  So thanks for the article explaining the Roku hidden feature of Dolby Atmos. 

0 Kudos
StLouisRod

Which Roku app did you install to play Atmos content? The Roku Media Player fails for me.

0 Kudos