Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLMC
Reel Rookie

Streaming Sticks for 2021; 2022 and 2023

Planning to buy a ROKU  Streaming Stick for an old ROKU TV. On Amazon, they sell steaming sticks from 2021; 2022 and 2023. Are there differences in a device from 2021 compared to 2023?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Sticks for 2021; 2022 and 2023

Don't go by year, go by model number and especially don't fall for any "latest model" nonsense.  I don't think there's been an update to the hardware recently, but you can check the Wiki page to see when a particular model came out and what its capabilities are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jim-C

Re: Streaming Sticks for 2021; 2022 and 2023

I've used a Roku streaming stick for several years. The remote has been somewhat unresponsive lately, so I bought the new 4K streaming stick. I used to wonder why the aquarium screen saver looked so jerky and fake on my TV. I don't wonder that anymore. The new 4K stick's picture quality is light years better than our old one. Wow. I'm impressed. Now we can't tell if the fish are real or not! The picture quality of streamed shows is so much better now.

0 Kudos