Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
travelnut
Reel Rookie

Streambar audio options menu not showing on Hisense Google TV

I have a Roku streambar hooked up to a new Hisense 65 Google tv. I have sound coming through the Streambar. My problem is I cant get the Roku settings menu to display on screen when watching content through the Hisense Google TV.  Pressing the * button on remote does nothing. So I am unable to adjust any of the sound settings while watching the TV.

My setup:

Cable box HDMI into Hisense HDMI 3

earc HDMI from Hisense TV to Roku Streambar

Thanks for any help:)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar audio options menu not showing on Hisense Google TV

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku community, @travelnut.

Thanks for raising your concern about setting up your Roku Streambar Pro to your Hisense TV. No worries! We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Before proceeding, may we know what specific cable box this is? 

The Roku Streambar Pro already has an operating system of its own that works as a streaming platform and a speaker. It might be possible that you can't see Roku's home screen because another cable box was connected to the same TV. We suggest plugging in your Roku Streambar Pro only and see how it works. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
travelnut
Reel Rookie

Hello RokuCarly,

Thank you for your reply:)

The cable box is a Arris XG1v4-A

I did unplug the cable box and only had the Roku Streambar hooked into the Hisense eArc port.  However the audio settings menu did not display on screen when selecting the * button on the Roku remote. Pressing the * button caused the input to switch to the Roku home page while I was watching streaming content on the Hisense Google TV.

On a previous TCL tv pressing the * button would always display the roku audio settings no matter what I was watching.

Is there anything else I can try??

0 Kudos
travelnut
Reel Rookie

Hello??

RokuCarly???

Anything?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Apologies for the delayed response, @travelnut.

In this instance, we recommend trying to change the audio input by using the remote of your Hisense Google TV and setting your Roku streambar pro as your primary audio input.

In addition, if you are referring to a TCL Roku TV, it will automatically prompt the audio settings by pressing the star* button on your Roku remote because we don't need to set the audio settings through the TV as it is already built-in. 

let us know what you find out!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos