Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malbert
Reel Rookie

Software update message, then remote got strange

A notification popped up in the top right of the tv indicating a software update had been performed. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture.  

Immediately after, my remote began behaving strangely.  Now the volume up will not work, but volume down, mute and power work.

If I press the OK button, I get a notification that says it is "Launching YouTubeTV" , and then it proceeds to fulfill that prophesy.

I've swapped out batteries, powered off all devices for minutes at a time, re-paired the remote several times and nothing changes. The Roku Ultra unit is still on 10.0.  the remote reports 2.01.19.108 and is model RC463.

Stab that one if you can. My head is thoroughly scratched.

Edit:. The next morning the OK button is no longer malfunctioning, but volume up isn't working still. Sometimes the volume up turns on Mute, but it usually does nothing. If you tap it continuously, sometime it will tick the volume up 1 tick, then mute it.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Software update message, then remote got strange

Hello @Malbert

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Malbert
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your prompt reply.

SN: KW99C7180319

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Malbert

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Malbert
Reel Rookie

Many thanks to you.

0 Kudos