Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update error 007

The only number i see on my Ruku device is C33854892328.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Software update error 007

Hi! @wassatherjulie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating your Roku device and get it set up? Then, once your Roku device has been set up, try connecting back to your home wireless network.

Kindly keep us informed of any updates, and we will be happy to provide further assistance. We eagerly await your response.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
naples1455
Reel Rookie

USING A WIRED CONNECTION,.. usually craps out at ~34%...once made it to 70....

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @naples1455,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about this and better understand it. Could you tell us a bit more about this?

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network as well as trying to connect to a wireless network to see if you're able to update your Roku device?

We'll be waiting for your update so that we can work on further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
naples1455
Reel Rookie

I have a hard wired connection that also fails to retrieve the update. Not sure how a wireless connection could improve on that

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @naples1455,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you are still having trouble with the update error on your Roku device. If you have done all of the troubleshooting steps, such as trying a hotspot or rebooting your modem and router, but the issue persists, don't hesitate to get in touch with your Internet Service Provider.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos