Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaF1

Settings don't save when I turn my TV off

I have an older LG TV but it does have HDMI ports. I have the Roku Streaming Stick + and my TV was giving me invalid signal no format errors and would flash the roku briefly. Made it to the video settings and changed it from 1080 to 720 and that fixed the problem, until I turned the TV off. Then it reverts back to not working. Why is it doing this? I should not have to leave my TV constantly on, or keep resetting and reinstalling roku every time I want to watch TV. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Settings don't save when I turn my TV off

@LisaF1-

I don't know why your Streaming Stick+ is not retaining the Display type settings, mine retains settings without an issue.

The only thing I can suggest is perhaps the flash memory is faulty and loses data when it is powered down.  If this is the case and if you are powering your Roku via a USB port on your tv that shuts down when the tv is turned off, that would explain why your Roku loses this setting when you shut down the tv. 

If that is what is happening, try powering your Roku by plugging into your house power via a USB power adapter. This will keep the Roku powered up so that the setting is retained.  If you don't have an adapter from Roku, an extra from another device can be used, as long as the fine print on it says the output is at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos