Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search option missing on home screen

Jump to solution

I am the United States and I do not have the option to search for apps.  I have two Riki televisions and the issue is the same. Both purchases in the state of Maryland. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Search option missing on home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @deborahgalimoe,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Please be advised that the search bar may not be available on your Roku device if it is not activated. You can check by going to Home > Settings > System > About. Confirm if there is an email address linked to your Roku device. If there's none, you can check out this support article here on how to activate or link a Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kcastillo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to settings and make sure your zip code is input. That fixed it for me. 

0 Kudos
RachP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Restarting/unplugging worked, thanks! 

0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @deborahgalimoe,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Please be advised that the search bar may not be available on your Roku device if it is not activated. You can check by going to Home > Settings > System > About. Confirm if there is an email address linked to your Roku device. If there's none, you can check out this support article here on how to activate or link a Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hobbes2

Jump to solution

I have same issue - search option missing on Home Screen. Not only is that option missing, I’m also missing What to Watch and a couple others ( since I can’t see them I can’t remember them). All I currently see are Home, Streaming Channels, and Settings. I have tried to restart multiple times using Settings => System => Power => Restart. I’ve also tried a hard restart by unplugging the device from the power source then reconnecting. No luck with either method. 

I’m using Model 3820R2 - Streaming Stick 4K. 

LynnetteG

Jump to solution

I have same issue. Items missing from Home Screen. I am using 391X2 - Express 4K+. Device is activated and there is an email in system issue.

Just started today. Other device in house is working fine.

Any help would be appreciated. 

kcastillo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In the System settings, go to Zip Code and enter yours. That fixed my home display options. I guess they have to confirm your location. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Hobbes2 @LynnetteG!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Firstly, may we know when did you start seeing this issue occur? In addition, have you tried to plug your Roku player into a different TV or HDMI port to see if it will make any difference? 

Furthermore, it would be a big help if you could send us a photo for reference. 

We'll await your response as we are more than eager to provide an accurate resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RachP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This also just started happening to us this week. Roku TV. Only sidebar options are now Home, Streaming Channels, Settings. Confirmed my email address is logged into Roku.

0 Kudos
kcastillo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to settings and make sure your zip code is input. That fixed it for me. 

0 Kudos
RachP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hmm maybe that's my problem - it won't save the zip code on my one TV (the other two are fine). I've entered and saved 5x and it just disappears 

0 Kudos
kcastillo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku didn't seem to save the zip, either. I entered it about 3 times. However, after I gave up, I restarted the unit, and the home screen had been restored. I'm using an Express that's a couple of years old. 

0 Kudos