Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naynay67

Screen saver missing - fireplace/fire pits

Hello I bought a screen saver package some time ago and loved it! Now its gone i cant find it anywhere on my options for screen savers on my roku device. Does anyone know what happened to it or how i can go about finding it to use again. I assumed since i paid for the package i would forever have access to it on my roku. It was a combination of fireplace and fire pit moving images and videos of fire places and outdoor fires. Some had music some where the crackling of the fire place or fire pit and some had bird sounds also. We truely miss this screen saver and used it so often please if anyone knows how we can find it we would appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen saver missing - fireplace/fire pits

Hello! @Naynay67,

It's so great to have you with us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Steps:

1. Check for a system update through Settings > System > Software update
  2. Restart your Roku device through Settings > System > Power > System restart

For more detailed information about the screen savers, please visit our support page here: How to change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku interface

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen saver missing - fireplace/fire pits

The Roku Channel store has quite a few fireplace-related entries.  If you can identify which one it is someone may be able to help.

Meanwhile I note that some of them were built using Roku's Direct Publisher utility.  If yours is one of them:

In June 2023 Roku announced it is discontinuing the Direct Publisher system in January 2024. Since July 12 2023, no new channels have been accepted via Direct Publisher and developers are being given six months to convert existing Direct Publisher apps to the SDK system which replaces Direct Publisher.  All remaining Direct Publisher apps will be taken down January 18, 2024.

Roku Direct Publisher sunset announcement: https://blog.roku.com/developer/rdp-sunset 

Meanwhile, many Direct Publisher apps are being reported with problems in loading content. From here, although Roku denies it, it looks like something has changed in Roku's Direct Publisher support system.

BOTTOM LINE: There's nothing you as a user can do at your end to fix or get around this. Roku has to fix whatever problem has been introduced to the Direct Publisher system, or the app's publisher needs to convert successfully to the new system.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos