Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arrmo
Binge Watcher

SIMPLINK (LG), Volume Adjustment not Working

Hi,

I have my Roku 3 connected to my LG TV ... SIMPLINK enabled, so thinking HDMI-CEC should be working? I do have 1-touch enabled on the Roku - and when I press "Home" on the Roku remote, the TV does turn on. But ... the volume control on my Roku does not adjust the volume on the TV. Is this a known issue? Thinking it should work, right?

And to confirm - yes, I am using audio out on the TV.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SIMPLINK (LG), Volume Adjustment not Working

@arrmo-

Your Roku not only needs "1-touch play" to be set, your TV also has to recognize your Roku as a CEC device.

Your LG may no longer be recognizing your Roku as a connected CEC devices.  See if there is an option to scan your inputs for CEC devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
arrmo
Binge Watcher

Re: SIMPLINK (LG), Volume Adjustment not Working

I do think you are right. It's odd ... I plug in to the "designated" input (HDMI1 or HDMI2 ... NOT HDMI3) - turn SIMPLINK Off, back On. When going to On, I get a spinning circle (checking for CEC?). But nothing really changes. Not sure how to check that it is linked?

Thanks!

0 Kudos