Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eagles21

Rokus on the same email account, Will my apps get wiped out on all 3 if I factory reset 1 of them?

Jump to solution

Hi, My 1st time here in the roku community. I have been streaming with roku since 2009. If I reset 1 of my Rokus how will it affect my other Rokus on the same email account? Will my apps get wiped out, what is the worst that can happen to the other rokus? Thanks

snewton
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Rokus on the same email account, Will my apps get wiped out on all 3 if I factory reset 1 of ...

Jump to solution

Hey @Eagles21

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Performing factory reset on one of your Roku devices will only affect the device where you perform it to. It will return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup and will unlink your Roku account from it. The channels you added to your account can still be synced to your device if you link them to your Roku email address. 

For more information, you might wanna check this Support link: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rokus on the same email account, Will my apps get wiped out on all 3 if I factory reset 1 of the

Jump to solution

First, let's define "reset".  There's two kind of resets.  One just restarts the device pretty much like rebooting a computer.  The other is the "factory reset".  I assume that's what you're speaking of when you say "reset".  A factory reset will clear out all the settings and installed channels/apps.  I think the device will still show up at https://my.roku.com as one of your linked devices, but I'm not sure.  If you perform a factory reset you'll want to make sure you unlink the device on the website.

All that being said, resetting one device has no effect on other devices linked to the same Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Rokus on the same email account, Will my apps get wiped out on all 3 if I factory reset 1 of ...

Jump to solution

Hey @Eagles21

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Performing factory reset on one of your Roku devices will only affect the device where you perform it to. It will return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup and will unlink your Roku account from it. The channels you added to your account can still be synced to your device if you link them to your Roku email address. 

For more information, you might wanna check this Support link: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos