Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cindy81957

Roku+ was working fine. Now won't connect to wifi

My Roku+ was working fine. Today it shows it updated and now it will not connect to my WiFi although it shows it on the screen!! HELP?  I've already reset it. It's not my wifi as my flex box, computer and iPad will all connect with no problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
Jmilkshake

Re: Roku+ was working fine. Now won't connect to wifi

Same here, and I’ve done everything I can as far as disconnecting & restarting router and Roku multiple times over, then tried the factory reset. No success.  After the factory reset it took 3 times scanning before it saw my network. Ughhh!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku+ was working fine. Now won't connect to wifi

@Cindy81957-

There is no Roku model called a Roku+, although several model names do include a plus sign..

When seeking help it's ALWAYS a good idea to include your Roku model, model number, and Roku software version (all available via Roku menu path Settings > System > About), as the advice you need may depend on this information.

Meanwhile, might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router. This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos