Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surreyman
Reel Rookie

Roku support website not responding. Stuck in "loading" with circular arrow going round and round

My Roku Streaming stick just recently stopped working properly. It is still under warranty. I went to the Roku support website to try to process a return and replacement but the website does not allow me to continue to process the request. After selecting my roku player and then hit enter on the Let's get in touch screen, I keep getting a "loading" message and a circular arrow and I cannot go any further. This has been happening for several days. I have been unable to find a phone number, email or other way to contact Roku for help. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku support website not responding. Stuck in "loading" with circular arrow going roun

That happens to a lot of people.

At that point in their website, it loads a bunch of javascript from zendesk.  Unfortunately, that page wants to load zendesk’s javascript even if you want to use one of the other communication options.  Ways to get hung up there, include having a javascript/content blocker that isn’t allowing zendesk.com, some incompatibility between your browser and zendesk’s javascript, your ISP not wanting to connect to zendesk or some issue at zendesk.  It’s a poor page design, but you may be able to work around it with changes on your end.  (As of right now, if I stop blocking zendesk’s javascript, I am able to load that page, so Zendesk itself is working – at this moment.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku support website not responding. Stuck in "loading" with circular arrow going roun

I also sent you a the phone number for support via a private message.  I just copied and pasted the number that I could see once I allowed zendesk's javascript to run.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
surreyman
Reel Rookie

Thank you very much. I could not get the javascript to run when using Chrome, or Firefox, but surprising enough when I used microsoft edge I was able to get the website to respond and was able to move forward and contact support to address the issue I was faced with. Thank you for all your expertise in pointing out the cause of the website not working. For others facing the same issue, I would suggest they try microsoft edge when contacting support as this worked for me. Thank you for the phone number too.

0 Kudos