Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnun
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku's advertisements are not family friendly. How do we fix this?

Jeremy, this worked to disable the ads for me. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/qb3sqi/comment/hhmi4zx/

F1Rumors

NSFW advertising - what can you do?

Roku has "the sex life of college girls" from HBO max all over the home screen. So my pre teen household is being exposed to a totally inappropriate advert...

What can be done about this? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: NSFW advertising - what can you do?

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

Thank you, I really appreciate that! We own many many Rokus and have been using Roku for a very long time and love it but lately the inappropriate Ads have made me think about other options if something doesn't change regarding a filter of sorts.

Thanks again,

Jeremy 

0 Kudos
Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

I couldn't believe it when I saw that loaded yesterday as well. I even tried to reset the ads and disable tracking but it still wouldn't go away and we never watch anything even remotely close to that.

0 Kudos
Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

Heads up, Sausage Party showed up as an ad on my 6 year old daughters Roku tv and of course she clicked it as it is a cartoon, thankfully I was in her room making her bed and noticed it and promptly turned it off. Please add and option for safe mode ads! This is not ok for kids to see sexual R rated movies and there is no way as parents to block it. I have a screenshot of it in the Roku watch now but I don't see the option to upload a photo any more.

Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

1000002327.jpg

1000002328.jpg

1000002328.jpg

Ok had to login, here it is as a free movie being advertised on kids Roku products. Highly inappropriate!

0 Kudos
IceFrog22
Reel Rookie

You ought to also think about the content in PBS Kids and Disney. A lot of that is indoctrination. Very different from what I grew up watching.

Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

I agree 100%. Definitely not the same world we grew up in. I but as much wholesome and old shows that I can and put them on Plex for my family. That and a lot of praying.

0 Kudos
Jesus69

Sometimes all we can do is pray for a life like they enjoyed back in the 50's ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

0 Kudos