Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyBird462
Reel Rookie

Roku needs a customer service line or chat

Jump to solution

Roku needs a customer service line or chat. If you submit an online form, you don't get an answer. If you search for a number on the web you get scammers. No response = unhappy customers.  Online support worthless, no help in community.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku needs a customer service line or chat

Jump to solution

@LadyBird462 

Have you tried starting here https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options.  Select the Accounts, Payments, Subscriptions options.  Then choose a Different Account issue.  Should then present you a Call, Email, or Chat option.

There are a few different ways to get to this option.

-----

Certainly don't agree that online support is worthless, but do agree that the extents companies go to hide/avoid personal support contact options is frustrating.  Normally it factors into my decision whether or not to make purchases from such companies.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@LadyBird462 

Have you tried starting here https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options.  Select the Accounts, Payments, Subscriptions options.  Then choose a Different Account issue.  Should then present you a Call, Email, or Chat option.

There are a few different ways to get to this option.

-----

Certainly don't agree that online support is worthless, but do agree that the extents companies go to hide/avoid personal support contact options is frustrating.  Normally it factors into my decision whether or not to make purchases from such companies.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

LadyBird462
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I did arrive there and sent an email. On 12/26/2023  I received an email reply:

Hello PAP,

Your request #(88xxxxx)  has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. We will be contacting you shortly. To add additional comments, you can simply reply to this email. Sincerely, Roku Customer Support

On January 21, I replied to that message requesting a reply.  On January 23 repeated the reply.  Becoming frustrated, I went through Roku Support and could not find the "Let's Get In Touch" page.  Searched the web, found this number and -- yes like an idiot -- called 844-522-4430. Turned out to be a huge scammer who started charging all kinds of gift card purchases to my debit card (which is where my refund was supposed to go), and my bank account.  Fortunately, my bank was immediately alerted to fraudulent activity and locked down all my accounts.  Somehow, he got into my Paypal account as well, linked to my debit card, so I have had to dispute all those purchases as well.

Your level-headed reply is true; thank you for that.  In the meantime, my bank was kind enough to deny the Roku charges I was attempting to reverse.  The whole situation left a bad taste directed at Roku, perhaps not totaly deserved.

MisterCzyk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku website does not work for purchases. I tried 4 times to purchase 3 Voice Remote Pros. Each time Express Checkout just brought me back to my Cart to start Express Checkout again. I called Support: waste of time, they would not just place the order for me, was told to try again in half an hour, maybe a different credit card, or device. I later tried to order using my phone - same result. Tried my desktop computer again - same result. I called Support again, still useless. Was told to try a different device or browser. Asked that they just place the order for me and was disconnected.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@MisterCzyk-

You can order from Amazon at similar price and get better service and a more liberal return policy.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DrJohnnyFever
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Followed your instructions and was greeted with an endless loop of "LOADING". Tapped REFRESH, same unfortunate result. If I wanted to spend eternity watching the "LOADING" icon going round and round, then this would've been a fantastic experience... but I have better things to do. All I want is a capable, competent live human being to answer my question!

0 Kudos
MisterCzyk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After the failed attempt to buy 3 Voice Pro remotes on Roku.com I went to BestBuy.com and found them for the same price. BestBuy also sells a Universal Replacement Remote that is a docking station for your Roku remote so you do not have to juggle multiple remotes. I went to the store, spoke to a very literate human, and bought three of each. Roku needs to wake up.

Jump to solution

I've been searching the Roku site for over an hour looking for a chat feature, or a phone number for customer service.

I've clicked the link provided above, made the suggested selections, and it will not load.

It spins, spins, and continues to spin without loading.

If this is how Roku handles customer support, I'll be returning my device and getting a Firestick.

This is ridiculous and an absolute waste of time.

I can't even find an email address.

Marty7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nonexistent customer support. Roku, do better. The Roku support page; Let's Get In touch will not load.

It's been spinning and spinning for 90 minutes.

Ridiculous. Not a great start for a new customer.

I'll be returning my Roku for a Firestick.

patricialarkin0
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

need customer service number

0 Kudos