Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku has no idea where we are

We live in the Nashville, TN veiwing area, Our Roku thinks we are in Knoxville, TN.

It was working fine and this morning when we woke up and turned on the TV it was on eastern time and receiving Knoxville programming.

I have tried setting zip code, Factory reset and reloading the latest update. I still can not get the roku to change to Nashville programming. all 3 TV's in my house are expirencing the same thing!

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku has no idea where we are

Hi @tnparamedic8307

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are having trouble getting your Roku to display Nashville programming, despite resetting and updating the device, there are a few things you can try:

• Check your location settings: Make sure your location settings are accurate and up-to-date on both your Roku device and your account. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Location" and making sure the correct location is selected.
  • Check your zip code: Verify that the zip code you have entered is correct and that it corresponds to the correct location. Double-check the zip code on both your Roku device and your account settings.
  • Check your internet connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong. A weak or intermittent connection can cause your device to display the wrong programming.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@tnparamedic8307 

On a computer or mobile device that is on your home network (the one to which the Roku is connected), go to https://whatismyip.com and see where it says you are.

That's where your ISP is reporting your location. Does it report a location that is in the Nashville viewing area?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

The same issue happens with me -- my ISP is located in a neighboring state.

This generally does not cause problems, except for "local" news, and occasional ads for companies and services that are located in that region.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Williamt100

Thank you for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Apart from ads for goods and services that are not close to where I live, I don't find this a problem.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
TraciR

We should trade Roku devices cause I’m in Knoxville getting Nashville news!!

0 Kudos
TraciR

These things are not helping. I’m thinking on a fire stick. This is just crazy

0 Kudos