Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No_face
Reel Rookie

Roku express plus refuses to update

I have the roku express plus model number 3910x. Everytime I go to update, it finishes but goes straight to a black or blue screen. I have used 3 different TVs, several different hdmi cords and I have tried it under a few different wifi networks. Nothing is working. I have reset the roku to factory settings now for the 6th time. Is there anything I can do to update this device? It was just working last week.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express plus refuses to update

The one thing you didn't mention is how you're powering it.  Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.  Try a different one if you have one.  Since you've tried multiple Wi-Fi networks it probably won't help, but if you can use your phone's hotspot, try that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
No_face
Reel Rookie

I did and I am using the original box and cord the came with. I tried using a different box and cord and got nowhere with it. I've also used my phones hot spot... I've tried even taking it apart and cleaning it to no avail...

Edit: I wish there was a way to upload a video of what exactly i am dealing with...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It sounds like you've tried everything.  Maybe @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D have a suggestion.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @No_face

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos