Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pacjoe436
Binge Watcher

Roku device won’t pick up signals from any remote

So I had a Roku Express device, and within a month the remote wouldn’t work on it. I tried a different remote, still didn’t work. I then contacted support, did all the troubleshooting tactics to make sure that it wasn’t my remote that was causing the problem, and then roku said they would send me a new remote. I told them that wasn’t the problem, but they did it anyway. About 2 weeks later I get the remote and it still doesn’t work. I was wondering how to fix the problem with my device or if I could get sent a new one.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device won’t pick up signals from any remote

Hi @Pacjoe436

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pacjoe436
Binge Watcher

Thank you

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Pacjoe436 wrote:

So I had a Roku Express device, and within a month the remote wouldn’t work on it. I tried a different remote, still didn’t work. I then contacted support, did all the troubleshooting tactics to make sure that it wasn’t my remote that was causing the problem, and then roku said they would send me a new remote. I told them that wasn’t the problem, but they did it anyway. About 2 weeks later I get the remote and it still doesn’t work. I was wondering how to fix the problem with my device or if I could get sent a new one.

Just to rule out a potential cause.

Consider that the Roku Express uses an IR remote. That's line of sight. The business end of the remote must have a clear unobstructed view of the front of the Roku Express. Are you certain there is nothing obstructing the line of sight between the end of the remote and the front of the device? Try positioning the Express so there's no possible way anything can be in between. Does the issue then still remain?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos