Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ncsmith

Roku autoplay not working

I found an option to turn off autoplay on roku using the streaming stick and turned it off but it does not work. When I watch a program on the roku channel it still autoplays.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku autoplay not working

@Ncsmith, I assume you're speaking of the "Auto-play video" setting under the Accessibility settings.  I just discovered it.  It's apparently new and from the description only covers auto-playing a video while you're navigating within an app (which I find really annoying).  I've never seen The Roku Channel auto-play anything in that fashion.  If you're referring to starting the next episode at the conclusion of the current episode, this setting doesn't appear to cover that case.

From the developer documentation, "Channels may launch video playback automatically within their apps to drive subscriptions, increase engagement, and provide a more immersive user experience."  I find that amusing.  It does none of those things for me and absolutely drives me away from such apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.