Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irony58
Streaming Star

Roku TV search screen unreadable

Jump to solution

I've got a TCL Roku TV with Roku OS 10.5. After a recent update, the Roku Search "keyboard" is unreadable. All the characters are white and the background is a light blue sky. The only character you can see is the selected character. Is there a setting I'm missing out on?

I'd attach a picture, but I can't figure out how that Insert/Edit Image button works. What the heck is a "Source"?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV search screen unreadable

Jump to solution

On my TCL Roku TV the Search virtual keyboard has a semi transparent background.  If you are using a wallpaper with a very light theme (like "WINTER") there is little contrast between the white text on the keys and the pale background.   Try changing to a darker wallpaper.

Search keyboard, Natl Park wallpaperSearch keyboard, Natl Park wallpaperSearch keyboard, Winter wallpaperSearch keyboard, Winter wallpaper

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Do you have Settings->Theme->Wallpapers?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy

Jump to solution

On my TCL Roku TV the Search virtual keyboard has a semi transparent background.  If you are using a wallpaper with a very light theme (like "WINTER") there is little contrast between the white text on the keys and the pale background.   Try changing to a darker wallpaper.

Search keyboard, Natl Park wallpaperSearch keyboard, Natl Park wallpaperSearch keyboard, Winter wallpaperSearch keyboard, Winter wallpaper

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Irony58
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I can change the wallpaper. I looked online and it says to go into Roku's Main Settings, then to "Wallpapers and Themes", but my TV, a TCL, doesn't have that setting. 

TV_Screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Irony58
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No, I don't have that, either.

@renojim wrote:

0 Kudos
Irony58
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I take that back. I don't know how I missed it, but I do have Settings -> Themes -> Wallpapers. I selected a darker one and it's fine now. Thanks.

What I find interesting (and not in a good way) is that the Recent search selections list on the right of the virtual keyboard now has white characters, where they were blue with the lighter wallpaper. But the virtual keyboard didn't change color based on the background. 

@Irony58 wrote:

No, I don't have that, either.

@renojim wrote:

0 Kudos