Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakesamfam

Roku TV not findable by Laptop or Phone (Windows/Android)

I have a Roku TV G135X and a Windows 10 laptop.

I have previously been able to "find" my Roku TV on my laptop Bluetooth Display screen. This morning I was unable to screen mirror from my laptop to my Roku TV so I deleted the Roku TV in my device settings thinking I could pair them again and start over. Now the Roku TV is no longer findable by my laptop. I tried finding the Roku TV on my phone as well and it also could not find the Roku TV so I believe the issue is on the Roku TV end.

On my laptop, I have verified that Bluetooth is ON

I have verified that my Roku TV and Laptop are on the same home wireless network

In my Roku TV settings I have verified that Screen Mirror is set to "prompt"

On my Roku TV, when I go to Settings>Remotes & Devices> my ONLY option is "Set up a new device". There is NO OPTION for "Pair Bluetooth Device".

It's as though my Roku TV isn't sending out a signal saying it exists. So no other can find it. 

What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV not findable by Laptop or Phone (Windows/Android)

I'm guessing it was under "Bluetooth and other devices", but it's not a Bluetooth device.  Try adding a wireless display.  I haven't had any luck with mirroring even if the device does show up.

One other thing to try, does the TV show up on the Roku app on your phone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&gl=US

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos