Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exercise24

Roku TV Not Connecting to Bluetooth headphones

Jump to solution

It says to click on bluetooth headphones but my Roku has everything but headphones in the list. Speakers, power bars and one speaker etc...but headphones are not in the list of options. Why and what can I do? I bought this for exercising and there are more in the room than just me so speakers are not an option plus the speaker on the tv is not loud enough even to overcome the treadmill noise or stationary bike noise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Not Connecting to Bluetooth headphones

Jump to solution

Hi @Exercise24,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're trying to access the Bluetooth feature on your Roku TV and thanks for reaching out about this. Please be aware that Bluetooth devices can be connected directly to a Roku Plus Series TV. If you have any other Roku TV system, you will need to pair Roku Wireless Speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar to add Bluetooth capability to your TV.

In the meantime, you can still use the Official Roku Mobile app as a workaround: How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode.

You can learn more about this with our support page here: How to turn on Bluetooth pairing and connect your phone to your Roku device.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Exercise24,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're trying to access the Bluetooth feature on your Roku TV and thanks for reaching out about this. Please be aware that Bluetooth devices can be connected directly to a Roku Plus Series TV. If you have any other Roku TV system, you will need to pair Roku Wireless Speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar to add Bluetooth capability to your TV.

In the meantime, you can still use the Official Roku Mobile app as a workaround: How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode.

You can learn more about this with our support page here: How to turn on Bluetooth pairing and connect your phone to your Roku device.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hikersc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is posted as a solution but is clearly not a solution to the problem. Anyone thinking of buying a plus series TV should not do so until there is a real solution posted. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I believe the answer is quite clear. You can only link Bluetooth headphones to the Roku Plus series of TVs, although it appears the Pro series support it as well. If someone has the Select series, or a Roku TV built by a different manufacturer, then Bluetooth will only connect to Roku Speakers, and you can't connect Bluetooth headphones to the TV. So the first thing that needs to be answered is what TV the person with the issue has. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.