Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merica

Roku Streaming Stick disconnects from wifi every time TV is turned off

Bought a new Roku streaming stick. Every time we turn the TV back on we have to reconnect it to the internet. It has the password autosaved but won't automatically connect. Anybody have this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick disconnects from wifi every time TV is turned off

If you're powering it via the TV's USB port, save yourself the hassle and plug it into the wall.  My stick is powered via the TV's USB port and it may or may not connect without me going through the process.  Usually I can just perform a "Check connection" and all will be well.  I've just decided to live with it, but I know if I plug it into the wall I wouldn't have to take the extra step.  If it has a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power, that can also be something that's more of a hassle than it's worth.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@renojim So you tell him to plug his stick into the wall not the TV USB port because it's such a hassle. Then go on to say you power your stick through the USB port anyway and live with the hassle. Perhaps you should take your own advice and just plug the Roku into a power strip and not the TV since it's well known plugging into the TV's USB port can cause problems.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Emissary35, it's a hassle I can live with; I don't know about others.  I always recommend plugging a Roku device into the wall, but I don't always follow my own advice.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos