Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3800X Stuck at Checking for new software

Jump to solution

Hi @DLP100 @Ziaaarif

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing. 

Our support team is now aware of your issue and will be reaching out to you through email.  Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Smithvance
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is doing same thingy 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greeting @Smithvance

Thanks for reaching into the Roku Community. 

We do not have enough details from your message to make an effective suggestion. Kindly walk us through the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing. What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried the suggested steps above? Do you receive an error code or message?

Please keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Smithvance
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I tried all of the above it still stuck in looking for update mode 📳

Smithvance
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems like y'all should replace it

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Smithvance

Thanks for following up. 

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? If you are unable to get this from the Setting menu, its serial number or device ID is printed on the bottom or back of the Roku device. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
taschmidt
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuNimfa-C I'm getting the same issue. I did a factory reset and now I can't even get past the setup since it wants to check for updates right after connecting it to a wifi network. I haven't found any way to bypass that. It's definitely not my network.

My SN is: CT381E643597

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @taschmidt

Thanks for your post. 

Have you attempted to connect your Roku device to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to troubleshoot the issue and determine the cause? This will help us isolate the problem.

Keep us posted so we can determine our next step.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
dobbz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Folks,

I'm afraid to say this looks like a case of Planned obsolescence. Everything is by design. Rather than fix their older units, Roku makes a lot more money getting you to buy a new unit.

I have offered Wireshark logs to Roku support - but they would rather offer discounts on a new unit rather than fix their current ones.

There is a problem in the request these devices are making to Roku because in all cases they have been disconnected for some time. There is something on Roku's side that is no longer recognizing the requests the device is making due to the version of the software that is on it - or they are deactivating units which have been offline for a set amount of time. Either way, they want you to believe its your problem and want you to buy a new one.

taschmidt
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuNimfa-C I did and of course that made no difference.