Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issaemie
Reel Rookie

Roku Screen mirroring Stoped working + Tv wont connect to the Roku Tv App

My Roku tv has decided to stop allowing me to screen mirror on from my laptop and phone along with it not connecting to the Roku remote app

Report tracker info:

Model: H813X - Roku TV

Serial Number: X02000UDK3F2 (S0PG626DK3F2)

Software Version: 13.0.0  Build: 24056-EG

GC Version: 11.5.25

Timestamp: 2024-05021T03:08:08Z

Issue ID F2-203-228

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Screen mirroring Stoped working + Tv wont connect to the Roku Tv App

Hi @Issaemie,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We have noticed that you are experiencing difficulty accessing screen mirroring on your Roku TV and connecting to the Roku remote app. We appreciate the additional details you have provided. It would be helpful to know when you first encountered this issue and if there have been any recent changes to either device that may be related to it.

In the meantime, if you haven't tried some troubleshooting, we would recommend starting with a simple restart. Navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart, then try again to see if that helps.

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Issaemie
Reel Rookie

Hi Rey,

I have attempted the system restart twice and it still hasn't helped with my problem on screen mirroring and using the app to control my tv.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Issaemie,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We would recommend as well to try other devices for screen mirroring if you have any Android devices and see if that results in the same issue.

For the Roku mobile app, you can try to reinstall the app and connect it manually.

Follow the steps below.

Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.
  1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap Get help.
  4. Select Connect manually.
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT.

For additional information, you can check our support page here: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

If the issue persists, please report back here along with the details below.

• Brand/model of computer

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.