Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salexu123
Channel Surfer

Roku OS 12 update broke screen mirroring

Jump to solution

After the recent update to OS 12, screen mirroring is not working anymore (Roku device is not found by Android mobile devices in Smart View). How do I roll back to version 11.5?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
salexu123
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku OS 12 update broke screen mirroring

Jump to solution

Solved:

I found a workaround solution to the problem: Disabling DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) for 5Ghz and choosing a specific channel on my router settings solved the issue and mirroring is now working again. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @salexu123

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. What happens when you tried screen mirroring your Android device to your Roku device? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
salexu123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I open Smart View on my mobile phone, there is a list of devices I can connect to. Before the update, Roku was on that list. After the update it does not even appear on the list (see screenshot).

I tried a different mobile phone (also Android) - same issue. I tried restaring the phone, the TV, Roku device and also reset of network on Roku. Nothing helps, the Roku device is not listed as part of the devices I can connect to for screen mirroring. And it worked perfectly fine 2 days ago before I got the 12.0 update.

I use the Roku device only for screen mirroring, so this is a major issue for me that doesn't allow me to use the Roku at all now.

Screenshot_20230513_220654_Smart View.jpg

20230513_221430.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @salexu123 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with more information about the device you are using to screen mirror? What brand, model, and OS is the device using?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
salexu123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick turnaround!

My device is Samsung Galaxy S10+ (and I also tried another device, Galaxy A30). The software information is in the image below:

Screenshot_20230516_070121_Settings.jpg

Bards

The update to Roku OS 12 broke screen mirroring

Jump to solution

A recent update to OS 12 has stopped screen mirroring from working (the Roku device does not appear in Smart View on Android mobile devices). Where can I find the version 11.5 rollback instructions?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: The update to Roku OS 12 broke screen mirroring

Jump to solution

Greetings @Bards 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding screen mirroring.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing:

• brand, model, and OS of the mobile device that you are using to screen mirroring
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
salexu123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Solved:

I found a workaround solution to the problem: Disabling DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) for 5Ghz and choosing a specific channel on my router settings solved the issue and mirroring is now working again. 

0 Kudos
gessella

Jump to solution

Yes i was always able to screen mirror but up until acouple of weeks ago i have not been able to do it. Model D804X

Serial #XX00700353V66

Issue ID 66-214-350

Thank you 

G

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gessella,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing the details here and we're sorry if you are facing an issue using screen mirroring with your Roku TV.

In addition to the information you have provided, can you please let us know your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About? Can you also provide the mobile device brand, model, and OS?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos