Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Giveth / Roku Taketh Away

We're glad you were satisfied with the new feature, @thearches.

May we know your device's current OS? Also, kindly try to perform a system reboot by going to Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > System Restart and see if the feature will return.

If this does not help, please inform us so we can continue assisting.

Warm regards,

Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The 4x4 grid option will be available as Roku OS 12.5 is rolled out. It may take a little time for it to appear on your device, but once it does there should be a setting to switch between 3x3 and 4x4, 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rfmuth
Channel Surfer

RE: The 4x4 grid option will be available as Roku OS 12.5 

Unfortunately, this is apparently not true.  My OS was upgraded to 12.5 and I cannot find an option for the "4x4 grid" anywhere.  I much preferred that arrangement, even on my "small" 32" TV screen.

If anyone else has found out how to restore the home screen to 4 tiles across please post and let us know how to do so.

atc98092

@rfmuth wrote:

If anyone else has found out how to restore the home screen to 4 tiles across please post and let us know how to do so.

While 12.5 is necessary for the ability to switch the grid size, they haven't enabled it yet so we are all still waiting for that function. 

Dan

thearches
Channel Surfer

I still haven't gotten the 12.5 update, but I see some others have.

Once I get it, where should l look for the toggle to the 4x grid?  That was a nice upgrade, so I hope it arrives soon.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@thearches wrote:

I still haven't gotten the 12.5 update, but I see some others have.

Once I get it, where should l look for the toggle to the 4x grid?  That was a nice upgrade, so I hope it arrives soon.

12.5 by itself does not give the 4x4 grid. There's no toggle for it yet. It's something they will be pushing out once 12.5 is deployed, but no idea when it's going to happen. 

Dan

jimsz
Streaming Star

I don't believe Roku will roll this back. I think they are just letting people wear themselves out and will then just move on to the next step tp increase the monetization of users. None of these "features" are for our benefit. 

RP08
Binge Watcher

Which sucks because some of us don't have the best eye sight or the largest tv. It'd be nice to just have the option. Mine didn't update to the 4x4 til about an hour ago, and I feel like my eyesight just got worse. 

Just give everyone the option. Those that like the new grid can keep it, and those that like the old grid can revert back. Shouldn't be that difficult.

0 Kudos

I, personally, am not a fan of the 4 across grid. The larger 3 across was much easier to see, especially those with low vision. There needs to be a place under settings where you can choose the 3 grid or 4 grid. 

0 Kudos
thearches
Channel Surfer

I finally got 12.5 tonight by manually updating.  But no 4x grid.

I sure hope the ability to use the 4x gets here soon.

Are there any features of 12.5 worth looking for? Nothing is jumping out at me.

0 Kudos