Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdT
Binge Watcher

Roku Firmware 10.5.0 Horrible Channel Numbering Font

I noticed that with the new 10.5.0 Build 4191-30 firmware that was updated on October 25, 2021 the channel numbers are thin and anemic compared to the previous firmware which has a bold numbering font which was easy on the eyes. There is just something that doesn't look right and off with this new font and hope Roku will fix this on the next version !  I have two identical sets with one set updated to 10.5.0 and there is definitely a difference.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Firmware 10.5.0 Horrible Channel Numbering Font

@EdT 

Good to know.  All my devices and RokuTV are still on 10.0 so will look for the difference as you noted when updated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@EdT 

Recently received the 10.5 update and noticed slight change to the font, but nothing drastic like you described.  Perhaps it may be related to your chosen theme.  See if switching to another theme under Settings...Theme...Theme Packs helps clear up the issue.  Normally recommended to choose a Roku default theme when troubleshooting.

Otherwise, post the theme, wallpaper, and screensaver you are using and I will see if it replicates on mine.  A screenshot of yours may also prove helpful.

0 Kudos
EdT
Binge Watcher

The difference of the font is noticeable if you compare it side by side between 10.0.0 and 10.5.0.  I have always have it on the stock Roku TCL theme and it annoys the **bleep** out of me that Roku switches the themes automatically to the seasons and holidays themes which I have to switch back to the OEM theme.

One thing that puzzles me is that on both of my identical sets one has updated to 10.5.0 and the other is still on 10.0.0.  I even tried to update it manually and it says 10.0.0 is the most updated version ...strange !

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@EdT 

Only Roku knows the scheduling of their rolling updates.  Normally, I see all my devices get updated within a couple of weeks once one of my devices receives an update.  This time three of my devices received an update over two days and am now waiting for my Premiere+ to be updated from 10.0.

Regarding your unwanted Seasonal Theme changes, navigate to Settings...Theme..Seasonal Themes and disable this feature. (Select "Off").  

jontalk
Roku Guru

Has anyone else noticed how the default starting point is the HOME button after starting up? This typically happens after a power down or restart. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
EdT
Binge Watcher

You mean the Home screen ?  If I recall there is a setting for the last input screen in the Settings Menu and it normally reverts back the Live TV input if the device on the other inputs are powered down for a longer period of time.

0 Kudos
EdT
Binge Watcher

You mean the Home screen ?  If I recall there is a setting for the last input screen in the Settings Menu and it normally reverts back the Live TV input if the device on the other inputs are powered down for a longer period of time or if there is no signal output from those devices.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Having updated to the latest build last night, nothing has changed in this regard. What I'm saying is in previous versions (10.0 and earlier), the last channel watched would be highlighted on the home page. With 10.5, it moves to the blue HOME button on the far left much as it does after restart/update. 

The other change is in the HDMI Audio selections. Previously if you select Auto or Passthrough (my preference) it would display ALL surround formats supported by the AVR. With 10.5 is. shows ONLY Dolby Atmos and DTS. Fortunately the audio performance remains the same as it was with version 10. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos