Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjones
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express with old firmware unable to update the software

I am unable to access the settings menu.  When I start the unit, it goes straight to the 'choose your network' page.

Per my previous comments I have tried different networks with different settings to no avail.

Tracker diagnostic reports the following code ID 61-105-217.

And during connection "Software update/Checking for new software"

ID 61-105-226

0 Kudos
fjones
Channel Surfer

And during connection "Software update/Checking for new software"

ID 61-105-226

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @fjones,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We sincerely appreciate you letting us know about being unable to access your Roku device. We want to make sure that we can get this resolved as soon as possible but we will be needing necessary details for our engineering to investigate further.

Please provide us with the serial/device ID number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device).

For more information about how to find the serial/device ID number of your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® device | Official Roku Support Australia

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
fjones
Channel Surfer

e6391e064461

ic: 5959a-r1019

fcc id: tc2-r1019

model: 3900x

I cannot access the settings menu therefore have provided details on device itself.

0 Kudos
fjones
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F have you been able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
Papaduff
Reel Rookie

Troubles with Roku Model 3910X

I had to factory reset my Roku device. I'm able to connect to my wifi. But then it goes right after to software update and the spinning load circle for checking for new software has been spinning for the last 5 hours and has done nothing. What can I do to get this working?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Troubles with Roku Model 3910X

First, if you're not using the supplied power adapter (I think that model came with a USB power adapter), try it.  Second, cycle the power and see where you're left when it restarts.  You may be right back at the "Choose a language" screen.  If so and if you can, try connecting to your phone's hotspot just to get through the initial update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Papaduff
Reel Rookie

I tried all that. And nothing.  Any other suggestions. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Papaduff,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this issue. We understand that you are having difficulties with your Roku device that is stuck in the error message "Checking for new software". 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
MercatorRete
Channel Surfer

Ongoing 3900x Software Update Problems

Ongoing  3900x software update problems

Like so many other users currently, I'm experiencing the same problem with the 3900x streaming device unable update the software. The appears to be an on-going problem with many users.

Everything was working just fine with this device until I changed from an older ISP to my existing network.  After successfully connecting, This 3900 fails to to be able to update to the new software version.

I have two of the exact same model 3900x device. One works just fine and has updated to version 11.5 

Again this seems to be a common problem many users are currently experiencing.
So.... I know that your Roku tech support people are aware of this same issue

I have read every article on your support website regarding this same issue and I have tried every possible fix suggested.nothing has resolved this problem

After reading all the other posts I'm convinced that there is a software problem that was installed from a previous update on these devices during one of the previous updates, thus rendering it impossible to update to the latest version of the software.

I would like your support team to reach out to me so that we can work out a resolution to this problem.

0 Kudos