Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissHall

Roku Express tries to update then restarts

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue but my USB is plugged into the wall not the tv. 
many suggestions? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express tries to update then restarts

Jump to solution

@MissHall, it wouldn't hurt to try another USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet and/or another USB cable.  Look at the fine print on the adapter for something like, "Output:  5V 1A (or 1000mA)".  Anything greater than 1A/1000mA is all right as well, but less is not.  After that, about all you're left with is a factory reset, but note that if you've been using the app as a remote you must have a functioning physical remote to set up a device after a factory reset.

How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express tries to update then restarts

Jump to solution

@MissHall, it wouldn't hurt to try another USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet and/or another USB cable.  Look at the fine print on the adapter for something like, "Output:  5V 1A (or 1000mA)".  Anything greater than 1A/1000mA is all right as well, but less is not.  After that, about all you're left with is a factory reset, but note that if you've been using the app as a remote you must have a functioning physical remote to set up a device after a factory reset.

How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.