Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nightfallbear
Reel Rookie

Roku Express private listening issue

Spoiler
I purchased a Voice Remote Pro for use with my Roku Express 3930X and it was working fine until one day it stopped working. I had to restart the unit and attempt to pair the remote again, add this worked but I usually had to restart the streaming device several times in order for it to work. I had the remote replaced recently and it was fine until this issue started happening with the new remote too! This leads me to believe that it's not the remote with the issue, but the streaming unit itself. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Nightfallbear
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express private listening issue

I should mention that this is regarding private listening

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express private listening issue

Hi @Nightfallbear,

Thanks for the inquiry. We'd love to help you with this issue.

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided below:

1. Unplug the headphones from the remote headphone jack.
2. Perform a system restart on your device by navigating remotely to Settings > System > System Restart.
3. Plug in headphones into the remote headphone jack. A headphone sign will appear on your television screen to indicate that private listening is active.

Also, please be advised that private listening cannot be activated on your Roku voice remote and your mobile device at the same time.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps on our Support page here: How do I solve problems with private listening?

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos