Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amberly0720
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k+ Not restarting after being off for an hour

Hello,

Just received my new Roku express 4k+.  Set up was fine and the system came on smoothly.  Once all set up I turned it off.  Came back an hour later and the TV came on but not Roku.  I checked the connection and plug all was in good.  I unplugged and plugged back in.  It started up.  Waited another hour and same thing happened.  Checked the power settings and took off the”sleep mode” and waited another hour.  Still did not come back on until I unplugged and plugged back in.  There is a little blue light on the front that is on when it is working and goes off when I turn everything off.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4k+ Not restarting after being off for an hour

@Amberly0720-

What Roku software version is your Roku using?  Roku menu path Settings > System > About will show you.

Prior to recently-released Roku version 10.5 there were no provisions for turning Roku devices off.

Roku 10.5 is currently rolling out and not everyone has it yet.   I have not received the update yet myself so I don't know some pertinent details. 

Reportedly 10.5 has added a Power menu choice to Roku menu path Settings > System, under which the Roku can be set to power down. 

If you have Roku version 10.5 try going into this option turn this option off.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Amberly0720
Reel Rookie

I do have version 10.5 and I did turn off the auto power savings.  At the time it did not work but I just turned it on to check the version and something seemed to work because it came on this time.  The system had been off for a couple of hours.  Not sure what happened but glad it is working now.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Amberly0720-

Since I don't have Roku 10.5 yet, can you do me a favor and tell me what items they have listed under the new Settings > System > Power menu entry on your Roku device (Power has been there all along for Roku TVs)?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Amberly0720
Reel Rookie

Sure, there is a choice of auto power savings>after 20 min of no interaction or system restart.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Many thanks.

0 Kudos