Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stream85
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ Powers up to the bouncing letters screen

I also have a 4k device. It has been working great, but now black screen even after holding reset button several times for at least 30seconds. Moved device to another tv, with a Roku express. So different hdmi, tv and power source. Same black screen.

Serial number X02200NE3VFH purchased 5/10/2023
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Powers up to the bouncing letters screen

Hi @Stream85,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. We'd like to know more about this.

To better understand, could you tell us a bit more about this? What are the steps that led you to this kind of behavior? In addition to the troubleshooting you have done so far, which is amazing, Have you tried using a different cord and power adapter to see if there's an improvement?

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stream85
Reel Rookie

RokuERey: What are the steps that led you to this kind of behavior?

ME: I turned the TV on and saw the black screen.

RokuERey In addition to the troubleshooting you have done so far, which is amazing, Have you tried using a different cord and power adapter to see if there's an improvement

ME: As stated earlier, I used a completely different cord and power adapter from a WORKING Roku express.

ME: I have 6 different Roku devices and love them, but I am concerned that THIS brand new one JUST QUIT. Looking for a solution.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stream85,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your Roku Express 4K+. How are you powering your device? Have you tried changing your input from HDMI 1 or 2? Please plug the cable to the adapter directly into the wall outlet and not at the back of the TV. After doing so, try switching the input to HDMI 1 or 2 using your TV remote. Try switching the HDMI cable to a different HDMI port too. You can also check out this link here to learn more about setting up Roku Express 4K+.

Let us know if it works.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stream85
Reel Rookie

Noticed upon applying good wall power to Roku, the led on front left illuminates solid blue and stays solid. On a good Roku, that same led flashes for several seconds until it boots and functions normally, I’d say this 2 month old Roku is defective. I look forward to having it replaced by Roku 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @Stream85,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It seems like you have exhausted all of the troubleshooting steps that you can take on your end, and we really appreciate that.

We'll have this case forwarded along with the information you've provided to our Support team.

Please keep an eye on your email address, as they will be reaching you from there.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos