Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 2024 update issue

Hi @Naiveatheart,

Thank you for keeping the Roku Community posted!

This is not what we aim for, and we're sorry for what this has caused. You appear to have done a great deal of troubleshooting; I appreciate your effort. We'd like to learn more about this issue and see how we can be of assistance.

Kindly let us know what error message you encounter each time you try to access those channels.

We'll be anticipating your response!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TostiIJzer
Channel Surfer

It started after I decline to update a few days ago. It then became impossible to start a channel. I then restarted the Roku. When it turned on, it performed the update and turned off, and it has been in a reboot loop ever since. 

There are no error messages, it just boots into the home screen, and within a few seconds the channel icons disappear and the Roku turns itself off and restarts. Somehow it stays on longer if it isn't connected to the Internet (stays on for maybe 30 seconds instead of 3).

My Roku model is 3930X, s/n S0103053FAG5

OldFE

Rey,

The issue was clearly a result of the Jan 2024 update. As we have no idea what the update contained, continuing to collect reports of "Nothing you've suggested has worked" is futile. The question is, how does ROKU intend to correct the issue? 

Model 3930X - SN:501329CARWEV

Sallyjc
Channel Surfer

A solution needs finding as this isn’t acceptable 

0 Kudos
Mark614
Channel Surfer

Agreed. My “updated” Roku is now a worthless piece of plastic. I have a second Roku Express and have denied any updates. It is working fine. 

Gynnielyn
Channel Surfer

I have been having the same issue. I have declined the update for over a week, but last night, it forced me to update. Ever since, I get the dancing Roku letters. I’ve Factory reset it multiple times, rebooted my router, unplugged, etc. Nothing is working. I’m pretty sure we aren’t the only ones experiencing this problem. 

Model 3930X SN: S013297TCD5R

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community Users!

Thank you so much for providing the information; we've passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to investigate your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available.
Thanks for your continued patience. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gynnielyn
Channel Surfer

Our Roku devices are unusable. Is there a plan to provide us with devices that work?? This was a Roku error, not a user error which has left us without a functional TV. 

d3mk34

I'm having he same issue!! it's very frustrating!!!

model number:393OX

SN: S008326YTXYT

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TostiIJzer,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We want to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Roku Express. Could you elaborate more about the issue that you're having? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos